Subject: gcj and -mno-cygwin
From: Frank-Michael Moser <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 18:12:30 +0100

I'm just a little bit confused:

Should gcj work with the -mno-cygwin option?

$ gcj -mno-cygwin --main=Hello -gstabs Hello.java -o Hello.exe
gcj: installation problem, cannot exec `jc1': No such file or directory

I found that there are no symbolic links to jc1.exe and jvgenmain.exe in 
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/3.2/ which should point to 
../../i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/. I created them but now I get a lot of 
undefined references when compiling Hello.java with -mno-cygwin:

$ gcj -mno-cygwin --main=Hello -gstabs Hello.java -o Hello.exe
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/3.2/../../../libgcj.a(prims.o)(.text+0x517): 
undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/3.2/../../../libgcj.a(posix.o)(.text+0x23): 
undefined reference to `gettimeofday'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/3.2/../../../libgcj.a(posix.o)(.text+0x7a): 
undefined reference to `sigemptyset'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32/3.2/../../../libgcj.a(posix.o)(.text+0x99): 
undefined reference to `sigaction'
efined reference to `_impure_ptr'
...

Now I guess this is intended behaviour because -mno-cygwin is not yet 
implemented for gcj 3.2. Am I right or not?

Frank-Michael

$ gcj -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/specs
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../libgcj.spec
rename spec lib to liborig
Configured with: /netrel/src/gcc-3.2-3/configure 
--enable-languages=c,c++,f77,java --enable-libgcj --enable-threads=posix 
--with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext 
--enable-interpreter --disable-sjlj-exceptions 
--disable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-shared 
--build=i686-pc-linux --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin 
--enable-haifa --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc 
--libdir=/usr/lib --includedir=/nonexistent/include --libexecdir=/usr/sbin
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2 20020927 (prerelease)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/