Subject: Re: Support for DWARF-2 debug info?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 00:55:42 -0500

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 05:30:15AM -0000, Dave Hooper wrote:
>a)  If the cygwin build of gcc/gdb/gas/etc supports DWARF-2 debug
>information (it appears not but I may be overlooking something)

It doesn't.

>b)  If not, is it just a matter of #defining the appropriate flags in
>/gcc/config/i386/cygwin.h and rebuilding gcc?

No.  Code is needed in gcc.

>c)  Whether DWARF-2 will become the standard debug info format for cygwin
>builds of apps in the near future (as it already has for various other
>platforms, e.g. djgpp).

It would be nice to switch to Dwarf-2 but no one has has stepped forward
to implement the required bits to handle this.  I don't remember what is
required, unfortunately, but I have discussed it with gcc engineers.  If
you're interested in working on this, asking in the gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
mailing list would probably be the place to start.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to [email-masked]
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/