Subject: Win2000, XEmacs 21.4.10, MH-E, cygwin 1.3.17-1
From: Peter Davis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:26:27 -0500

I've been trying to get MH-E to run within XEmacs on both my home (Win
NT4) and office (Win 2000) machines.  Both machines have XEmacs
(21.4.9 at home, 21.4.10 in office) and Cygwin (somewhere around
1.3.?)  installed.  Both XEmacs installations are of the Win32
version, as opposed to the Cygwin version.

On my home (Win NT) machine, I can run mh-rmail with no problem.  I
still have some issues with paths when I try to send mail, but I can
open folders and read mail.

On the office (Win 2000) machine, whenever I try to run mh-rmail, I
get pop-up windows that say:

> The procedure entry point _ctype_ could not be located in the
> dynamic link library cygwin1.dll

So why is XEmacs even *looking* in cygwin1.dll, since it's the win32
installation? 

Anyone know what might be causing this error?  I don't know if this is
a Cygwin issue or an XEmacs issue or both.

Thanks very much.

-pd

-- 
--------
                             Peter Davis
               Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
                 The artwork formerly shown as prints
    List of resources for children's writers and illustrators at:
                  http://www.pfdstudio.com/cwrl.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/