Subject: Re: Heads up: *possible* bug in cygwin
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:40:51 -0500

Chuck,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 03:18:45PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> >Thanks for your astute analysis.  With the attached "patch," I was able
                                                       ^      ^
                                                       *      *

> But that's just *wrong*.

Of course.  Did you notice the quotes?  My "patch" (I'm using the term
*very* loosely) was just to verify that we both stumbled across the same
problem.  Which we did.

> Of course, my "solution" for glib (inside pkgconfig-0.14) is even worse: 
> "don't do that".  I simply changed the format string to %42.42f instead 
> of %10000.10000f.

This is not an option for me.  Python would never accept such a patch.

> and hope that an acceptable solution for the newlib issue is found. [I
> don't mind coding that solution, but I dunno what the "Right Thing" to
> do is...I'm waiting for guidance from the newlib list]

Me too!

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/