Subject: Difficulties to download Cygwin when no Windows machine is available...
From: Brent Frère <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:20:39 +0100

Cygwin is marvelous. Thank you for maintaining it. It's so powerful to 
convince our customers to migrate to open-source software and finally OS...

I just have to face a problem: I wish to download the entire CygWin 
distribution in order to give it to my customers on CDs (a way to 
promote your project without having to ask them to download it...) Your 
automatic installation procedure is very powerful, however it works only 
on Windows-running hosts... (that makes sense, if you wish to use 
it...). As professional telecom company, we don't have ANY windows based 
host here. So, I have huge difficulties to download the software in 
order to write some CD for our customers...

Could you, as example, refer on your web site some URL so that it could 
be possible to download this marvelous project using plain http, ftp or 
rsync protocol instead of the Setup.exe tool ?

Thank you.

-- 
Brent Frère
Technical Director
Intellicast S.A.

Private e-mail:  [email-masked]
Business e-mail: [email-masked]

Postal address: 5, rue de Mamer
                 L-8280 Kehlen
                 Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg
                 European Union

Mobile: +352-021/29.05.98
Fax:    +352-26.30.05.96
Home:   +352-307.341
Office: +352-26.33.61-32
URL:    http://BFrere.net

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/