Subject: Re:Strange behaviour of gcc
From: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:24:06 -0800

Danny,

Man! I scanned through the GCC man page for anything that would control 
this action, and couldn't find anything. I don't see "-mno-stack-arg-probe" 
listed there at all, nor is any option that includes the word "probe."

Google ("GCC mno-stack-arg-probe" 
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=GCC+mno-stack-arg-probe&btnG=Google+Search>) 
turns up only three relevant hits (including one recent thread on the 
Cygwin mailing list: 
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00122.html> and 
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00123.html>).

Randall Schulz

At 12:28 2002-12-29, Danny Smith wrote:

> > GCC's __builtin_alloca uses a helper function called _alloca to check
> > the stack whenever allocating more that 4000  bytes in one go.
> >
> > Danny
>
>To disable stack probing, add this switch  -mno-stack-arg-probe.
>
>Danny

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/