Subject: Re: rxvt, once again...
From: "Chris Game" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:58:49 -0000

In an earlier post, Randall R Schulz  wrote:

>....
> So, create a Windows shortcut by right-dragging your RXVT executable
> icon to some new location (start with the desktop; when you're done,
> put it in the Start menu or the QuickLaunch bar, e.g.). Now open the
> properties dialog for the shortcut. In the "Shortcut" tab you can
> control the arguments (set window size and position here using usual
> X Window -g /
> -geometry option) and any other RXVT options you like (font,
> scrollback, colors, etc.). Here's what I use:
>
> D:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -g 110x89+485+-1 -bg #dddddd -fg #000000 -fn
> "Lucida ConsoleP-11" -sr -sl 5000 -tn rxvt -vb -e /bin/bash --login -i
>
> I set the initial working directory ("Start in:" field) to my Cygwin
> home directory (using Windows path name notation, of course).
> ....

That's interesting, but what's the advantage of rxvt over opening
cygwin/bash in a Windows command window, where all the formatting
options (except initial placement I grant you) are available from the
prompt window properties?

-- 
===========================================

Chris Game <chrisgame@!yahoo!dotcodotuk>
===========================================

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/