Subject: POSIX file acces problem
From: etienne SOUDAN <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:34:18 +0100

Hello,

I am using Cygwin under W2K (inserted into an NT domain) and I face the
following problem:

I use the dd command to transfer a disk image to a Compact Flash card
inserted into a PCMCIA adapter.
I use the procedure described by Corinna Vinschen in her answer to "dd
under Cygwin" (Aug 23, 2000).
It works fine but only with an account having the administrator rigths
granted.

Otherwise, I get an "permission denied" message when I try to execute
directly the dd command
(the CF card is already mounted via an account having administrator
rigths) or when I execute the mount
command (if the CF is not already mapped as a physicaldriveX).
I mount the CF card on /dev/cf and the access rigths are brw-rw-rw-
(result of ls -l /dev/cf) and it seems that
I get a permission denied at this level.

I would like to give access to this file system to all users even those
without privileged acount.
How to proceed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Etienne Soudan

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/