Subject: Re: rxvt customization questions
From: Soren A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:02:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:09:09 GMT, [mn] <[email-masked]> wrote in 
news:[email-masked]:

> 
> I've got some questions concerning the latest Cygwin version of rxvt.
> 
> First, I played around with the .Xdefaults file a bit.

I, also, would welcome any discussion of how rxvt works on Cygwin. I just 
recently began using rxvt after a long period of resisting (I invested a 
great deal of time and effort into learning how make the native Windows 
console work optimally with bash).

the one thing that really pleased me was when i discovered in a marathon 
late-night Googling session, with considerable effort to interpret poorly-
written documentation, how to clear the entire rxvt console buffer and go 
back to (0,0):

  echo -ne '\033c'

thus one can alias:
  alias cls="echo -ne '\033c'"

TIA,
  Soren A

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/