Subject: Re: IBM Java 13 + JNI + Cygwin fails
From: Shankar Unni <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:25:14 -0800

Frank Traenkle wrote:
> Calling a DLL under Cygwin from IBM Java13 via JNI fails if the DLL depends
> on cygwin1.dll.

That may be because the JNI loader looks for its libraries along the 
path defined by the Java property "java.library.path".

Do a System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.library.path")); just 
before your System.loadLibrary() and see what you get.

I'm not sure what yours is getting set to. Normally, when you start a 
Java program from the (Windows) command line, java.library.path is set 
to your %PATH%, but if some or something has changed in within the 
program, you may need to fix it up.
--
Shankar

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/