Subject: Re: Building a specific version of cygwin
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:12:26 -0500

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 12:29:55PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Tran, Jantz C wrote:
>>Is there any way I can get the source to specific versions of the
>>Cygwin source (via CVS or otherwise).  I'm primarily interested in
>>being able to build 1.3.1 and 1.3.9.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Some (unfortunately, not all) of the releases are tagged in CVS.  As
>far as I can see, there are tags for both of those you need.  A "cvs
>log" would have shown that to you.

The releases are tagged for my benefit when I make a release.  I make no
effort to ensure that any tag you see in CVS actually reflects the same
numbered cygwin release.  Also, since newlib and other components aren't
tagged, it isn't possible to recreate a release exactly.

As has been frequently mentioned, with a couple of very minor
exceptions, cygwin releases are always backwards compatible.  So, 1.3.18
DLLs should be able to handle executables built with 1.1.1.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/