Subject: Re: how to use cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Harshavardhana Adiga <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:37:17 -0500

Please check out the project web page for links to available information
and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 02:52:03PM +0530, Harshavardhana Adiga wrote:
>Hi,
>I am new to cygwin.I am creating a windows named pipe using the normal
>windows api.
>In the cygwin documetation it is said that select call works for file
>descriptors,handles etc.Can I able to pass this handle directly to a
>select call?
>if no can I use cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd() provided by cygwin to
>convert it to a file descriptorthis?
>If yes what is the first parameter i need to pass to this method?
>Further can i be able to use the descriptor returned by this method in a
>select call?
> 
>Alternatly,is there any way in which i can implement named pipes in
>cygwin(like fifo's)?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/