Subject: anyone using distcc with cygwin without errors?
From: "Heiko Elger" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ente59" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:16:08 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying distcc v0.15 - but without success.
Using distcc like the following generates errors:

$ distcc gcc -g -O0   -c -o modul1.o modul1.c
distcc[2216] (dcc_scan_args) scanning arguments: gcc -g -O0 -c -o modul1.o
modul1.c
distcc[2216] (dcc_scan_args) found object/output file "modul1.o"
distcc[2216] (dcc_scan_args) found input file "modul1.c"
distcc[2216] compile from modul1.c to modul1.o
distcc[2216] (dcc_lock_host) locked
/tmp/distcc_000003eb/lock_localhost_0000000
distcc[2216] (dcc_lock_one) compile on localhost
distcc[2216] (dcc_lock_host) ERROR: lock
/tmp/distcc_000003eb/lock_localhost_0000000 failed: Permission denied
distcc[2216] (dcc_lock_host) locked
/tmp/distcc_000003eb/lock_localhost_0000001
distcc[2216] (dcc_lock_one) compiler on localhost
distcc[2216] exec on localhost: gcc -g -O0 -c -o modul1.o modul1.c
distcc[2216] (dcc_spawn_child) forking to execute gcc -g -O0 -c -o modul1.o
modul1.c
distcc[2216] (dcc_spawn_child) child started as pid2300
distcc[2216] (dcc_collect_child) child 2300 terminated with status 0
distcc[2216] (dcc_report_rusage) gcc resource usage: 0.130000s user,
0.110000s system
distcc[2216] compile on DURON800 completed ok
distcc[2216] (dcc_exit) exit: code 0; self: 0.020000 user 0.020000 sys;
children: 0.130000 user 0.11 0000 sys
distcc[2216] (dcc_cleanup_tempfiles) deleted 0 temporary files

I using Windows XP Professional (with SP1).
Filesystem: NTFS

I'm usign the lates cygwin release.
Here are some informations:

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 DURON800 1.3.17(0.67/3/2) 2002-11-27 18:54 i686 unknown

$ echo $CYGWIN
ntsec

$ id
uid=1003(heiko) gid=513(Kein)
groups=513(Kein),545(Benutzer),547(Hauptbenutzer

$ ls -ld /tmp
drwxrwxrwx+   3 Administ Kein            0 Dec 15 19:02 /tmp

$ ls -l /tmp
total 0
drwxr-xr-x+   2 heiko    Kein            0 Dec 15 19:02 distcc_000003eb

$ ls -l /tmp/distcc_000003eb/
total 0
-rw-------    1 heiko    Kein            0 Dec 15 19:02
lock_localhost_0000000
-rw-------    1 heiko    Kein            0 Dec 15 19:02
lock_localhost_0000001

Heiko Elger

                              ,,,
                             (o o)
+------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo----------------------------+
|                                                                 |
|         Email:    [email-masked]                       |
|                                                                 |
|                   bitte .spam in der Email-Adresse entfernen    |
|                   please remove .spam                           |
|                                                                 |
|                        .oo0O   O0oo.                            |
|                        (   )   (   )                            |
+-------------------------\ (-----) /-----------------------------+
                           \_)   (_/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/