Subject: Re: using MFC with cygwin
From: "Michael D. Crawford" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:38:56 -0500

I believe Metrowerks CodeWarrior for Windows comes with MFC.

http://www.metrowerks.com/

CodeWarrior is a much more standards-compliant compiler than VC++ and I think 
even more than g++, but it has a "compatibility mode" that allows it to compile 
a lot of broken VC++ code.

Maybe if you ported MFC, you could distribute a patch instead of your port.

Alternatively, maybe you could help me port ZooLib to Cygwin.  If you succeeded 
(or helped me to) the changes could be folded into the ZooLib distribution and 
everyone would benefit.  ZooLib is open source under the MIT license and is a 
lot nicer API than MFC.

http://zoolib.sourceforge.net/

some documentation can be had at http://www.goingware.com/zoolib/cookbook/

Best,

Michael D. Crawford
GoingWare Inc. - Expert Software Development and Consulting
http://www.goingware.com/
[email-masked]

    Tilting at Windmills for a Better Tomorrow.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/