Subject: MS_types and addr_t name polution
From: Michael Eager <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:10:58 -0800

I'm porting a small program to Cygwin.  One of the typedefs
in the program is for a symbol named addr_t.  Since this is
defined in /usr/include/sys/types.h, there is a redefinition
conflict.

This (and a number of other symbols) are defined when __MS_types_
is defined, which, in turn, is defined whenever __CYGWIN__, _WIN32
or __MSDOS__ is defined.  

I don't see any use of addr_t in /usr/include.  Is there a reason
for defining addr_t and the other symbols?

--
Michael Eager     [email-masked]	408-328-8426	
MontaVista Software, Inc. 1237 E. Arques Ave., Sunnyvale, CA  94085

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/