Subject: Re: /tmp
From: Soren A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:23:53 +0000 (UTC)

Shankar Unni <[email-masked]> wrote around 10 Dec 2002
news:[email-masked]:

> (The reason is because I use a *native* tcsh as my shell, which has
> some NT-specific extensions for filename completion
> (complete=igncase), titlebar setting, etc. But the filename completion
> is (naturally) unaware of cygwin mounts, so I was trying to get the
> setup to look as much like the native structure as possible, while
> allowing things like "man" to still find their files).
>
> Anyway, I've given up that idea, and just deal with the mental bump
> when doing filename completion of something in the cygwin tree. The
> command line does one thing, and "ls" does another...

This is interesting. You are the second person in the last three weeks
who has talked about using this native tcsh shell (the other was
off-List).

I sure wouldn't find it worthwhile to use a different shell (that
doesn't understand what Cygwin has to do with mounts, and so on), but if
there's one thing I've learned, its that you can nenver tell another
person what they should like in a shell. Each to his own.

 Soren A

 -- 
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no one is watching."
			   -- unknown

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/