Subject: Re: Another cygrunsrv question
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Jack Twilley <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 23:08:01 -0500

At 11:03 PM 12/9/2002, Jack Twilley wrote:
> >>>>> "Larry" == Larry Hall <(RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>> writes:
>
>Jack> Is there any way to display information about installed
>Jack> services?
>
>Jack> I'd like to see what services are installed, what arguments they
>Jack> have, what users they run as, et cetera, to help debug this
>Jack> perflog problem.
>
>Larry> You can see what services are started with 'net start'.  Not
>Larry> sure I know of a utility that gives you all the information
>Larry> you're looking for.
>
>It sounds like the kind of thing that could be rolled into cygrunsrv
>pretty easily, since cygrunsrv modifies this information and uses it
>for services.  Something like "cygrunsrv -L <service>" where
>information about a particular service could be displayed, or failing
>that, all the services on the system.

Nice theory.

>Jack.
>(too bad I'm insufficiently skilled to write the code)

Indeed.  Well at least your request and observations are in the email
archives for anyone interested in following-up on them in the future.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/