Subject: Re: Another cygrunsrv question
From: Jack Twilley <[email-masked]>
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 20:03:49 -0800

>>>>> "Larry" == Larry Hall <(RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>> writes:

Jack> Is there any way to display information about installed
Jack> services?

Jack> I'd like to see what services are installed, what arguments they
Jack> have, what users they run as, et cetera, to help debug this
Jack> perflog problem.

Larry> You can see what services are started with 'net start'.  Not
Larry> sure I know of a utility that gives you all the information
Larry> you're looking for.

It sounds like the kind of thing that could be rolled into cygrunsrv
pretty easily, since cygrunsrv modifies this information and uses it
for services.  Something like "cygrunsrv -L <service>" where
information about a particular service could be displayed, or failing
that, all the services on the system.

Jack.
(too bad I'm insufficiently skilled to write the code)
-- 
Jack Twilley // Tier 2 Support Engineer // Brightmail Inc.
jtwilley at brightmail dot com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/