Subject: setup-2.303.exe tries to download setup.exe binary (as well as src)
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 09:13:35 -0000

W98/SE, complete and up-to-date installation. I thought I'd try
setup-2.303.exe.
1. "All Default" shows that no update is required, as expected.
2. Click selector to change to "All Install".
3. Now setup.exe binary AND src shown as available (only 1 x'd, the other
blank). I tried for both and ended up with "can't open [null]" ..
"Installation incomplete" messages.
4. Incidentally, even using the standard and well-sorted 2.249.2.5, with a
complete and up-to-date installation as described above, then "All Install"
chronically offers setup-2.249.2.5-1-src.tar.bz2 as available (and always
x'd). No other src files are x'd by default: what's special about this?
Please could it be altered to be un-x'd by default, if I am not missing some
vital logic?
Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/