Subject: Re: .dll.a, .dll files and other questions
From: "Hans Horn" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:40:31 -0800

Chris,

thanks a lot!
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html seems to be indeed up-to-date!

However, I strongly recommend to wipe or update related sections on
http://cygwin.com/docs.html, just to avoid future confusions!

Now that we straightened that one out, we can get to more interesting
questions.

I want to build an dll that uses Win32 global hooks.
With the dll built under MS Visual Studio, I use dlltool on it to create a
.dll.a from it and link it with my app under cygwin, everything works!

When I build the dll directly under cygwin (what I really want to do, as I
don't have VisualStudio!) using the instructions from
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html,
and link it with my app, it does NOT work!

Are there any restrictions under cygwin about the kinds of dlls that can be
built?

H.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/