Subject: Re: [FAQ?] Re: [Mingw-users] Cygwin Full download in one big archive ?
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Dec 2002 12:33:13 +1100

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 11:09, Charles Wilson wrote:

> Sortof.  I assumed <i>a priori</i> that a 557MB tarball is a bad idea. 

Yep. And the original poster, was asserting that such a tarball is a
good idea. Thus my figures to show that it ain't - for the common case.

> I was not, in any way, suggesting that setup learn how to parse a cygwin 
> "installation" created by some moron unzipping a bunch of tarballs by 
> hand.  No way.  Never.

Whew :}. I didn't think *you* would suggest such a thing. I was more
worried about having the last word, so that the archives will show it to
be a bad thing :}.

Rob

-- 
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.
---