Subject: Is it possible to use centralized passwords with cygwin inetd?
From: "Bruce P. Osler" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Bruce Osler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:03:34 -0500

For starters - I'd like to contribute to the Cygwin love-fest going
on.  I think Cygwin is an awesome environment with huge benefits
for folks working under windows.

Today I'm interested in finding out wether I can use networked
password services with the cygwin inetd.  At work I would like to
setup a series of computers with Cygwin tools all of which are
running the Cygwin inetd.  As there are a couple of hundred engineers
in this environment the option of maintaining multiple /etc/passwd
files is a bit onerous (if not unreasonable).  All of these computers
are already hooked into an environment where the user passwords are
provided and managed centrally to an NT domain.  Is there any way
I can have Cygwin/inetd use the central domain password service
for authentication?

- Bruce

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/