Subject: Re: Can't run Macro Express from within Cygwin bash shell
From: Jack Twilley <[email-masked]>
To: Bjoern Kahl AG Resy <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:56:07 -0800

>>>>> "Bjoern" == Bjoern Kahl <AG Resy <[email-masked]>> writes:

Bjoern>  Hallo !

Bjoern>  Just a stupid question:

Bjoern>  What programm do you try to run with "Macro Express" ?  You
Bjoern> can not run a Windows-GUI-Application (e.g. everything that
Bjoern> pops up a window or dialog) in a remote shell.  There is no
Bjoern> such thing as MS-Windows GUI-forwarding.

It's not a stupid question at all.  My macro starts and stops
performance counter logs, and it uses that by passing along
instructions to a GUI application (perfmon.exe).  If that won't work
from a remote shell, it's back to the drawing board for me.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do this on Win2kAS?

Bjoern>     Bjoern

Jack.
-- 
Jack Twilley // Tier 2 Support Engineer // Brightmail Inc.
jtwilley at brightmail dot com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/