Subject: 1.3.17: chmod a+x for all fs objects after update?
From: "A.Balmashnov" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:08:53 +0100

Hello all,

  After I made an update today, I've got a strange results, when I
  invoked 'ls': all the objects have x atribute switched on (looks like
  'chmod a+x *' was applied whenever its possible):
  
========================================
abalmash@NBWIN167 /usr/include
$ cd /usr/include

abalmash@NBWIN167 /usr/include
$ cygpath -w /usr/include
D:\cygwin\usr\include

abalmash@NBWIN167 /usr/include
$ ll u*.h
lrwxrwxrwx    1 Administ 65535          27 Jun  7 02:14 unctrl.h -> ncurses/unctrl.h*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ 65535         191 Nov 28 00:56 unistd.h*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ 65535         185 Nov 28 00:56 utime.h*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ 65535          90 Nov 28 00:56 utmp.h*
========================================

at the same time

========================================
D:\cygwin\usr\include>attrib u*.h
   S       D:\cygwin\usr\include\unctrl.h
A          D:\cygwin\usr\include\unistd.h
A          D:\cygwin\usr\include\utime.h
A          D:\cygwin\usr\include\utmp.h
========================================

What am I did wrong?

-- 
Best regards,
 A.Balmashnov                          mailto:[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/