Subject: Re: Can't run Macro Express from within Cygwin bash shell
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Jack Twilley <[email-masked]>, Michael A Chase <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 23:36:57 -0500

At 10:46 PM 12/4/2002, Jack Twilley wrote:
> >>>>> "Michael" == Michael A Chase <Michael> writes:
>
>Jack> Your solution works with a local bash shell but not a remote
>Jack> one.  Any idea why?  While logged in remotely, I can ls both the
>Jack> binary and the macro file, so it's not a permissions thing, or I
>Jack> don't think it is anyway.
>
>Michael> What part is failing?  Is cygpath.exe running at all?  Is
>Michael> cygpath.exe converting the PerfmonMacros.mex path correctly?
>Michael> Is meproc.exe running at all?  What happens if you try to run
>Michael> meproc.exe with other arguments?  ...
>
>I'm sorry for the completely lame response of mine.  I'll be more
>specific.  The cygpath.exe program works the same for both local and
>remote shells.  It gives the same response each time.  Since the
>meproc.exe program runs properly on the local shell, I have to assume
>that the cygpath.exe program is converting the path correctly.  I'm
>not exactly sure how to tell if the meproc.exe program is running "at
>all".  There is a delay, and then I get another prompt.  Running
>the meproc.exe program with other arguments gives me the same results.
>
>When I run the meproc.exe program without arguments with truss, it
>returns errno 53.  I don't know what Cygwin uses errno 53 for, but
>FreeBSD uses it for ECONNABORT, which doesn't make much sense.

These are Cygwin error messages.  They're from Windows.  Remember, Cygwin
is a layer over the Windows API.  So...

$ net helpmsg 53
The network path was not found.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/