Subject: Re: Can't run Macro Express from within Cygwin bash shell
From: Jack Twilley <[email-masked]>
To: Michael A Chase <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:46:24 -0800

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael A Chase <Michael> writes:

Jack> Your solution works with a local bash shell but not a remote
Jack> one.  Any idea why?  While logged in remotely, I can ls both the
Jack> binary and the macro file, so it's not a permissions thing, or I
Jack> don't think it is anyway.

Michael> What part is failing?  Is cygpath.exe running at all?  Is
Michael> cygpath.exe converting the PerfmonMacros.mex path correctly?
Michael> Is meproc.exe running at all?  What happens if you try to run
Michael> meproc.exe with other arguments?  ...

I'm sorry for the completely lame response of mine.  I'll be more
specific.  The cygpath.exe program works the same for both local and
remote shells.  It gives the same response each time.  Since the
meproc.exe program runs properly on the local shell, I have to assume
that the cygpath.exe program is converting the path correctly.  I'm
not exactly sure how to tell if the meproc.exe program is running "at
all".  There is a delay, and then I get another prompt.  Running
the meproc.exe program with other arguments gives me the same results.

When I run the meproc.exe program without arguments with truss, it
returns errno 53.  I don't know what Cygwin uses errno 53 for, but
FreeBSD uses it for ECONNABORT, which doesn't make much sense.

Jack.
-- 
Jack Twilley // Tier 2 Support Engineer // Brightmail Inc.
jtwilley at brightmail dot com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/