Subject: Re: cygwin setup freezes
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:12:48 -0500

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:57:59PM -0500, Ed Bachmann wrote:
>I just uninstalled cygwin 1.3.16-1 from my Windows 2000 system after being
>advised that I should be using 1.3.17-1.  Now when I try the automated setup
>routine at http://cygwin.com/ ("install now"), it runs as far as the "select
>packages" window and freezes.  The process is still running, but is
>unresponsive.  I've tried several times with different mirror sites.  Could this
>be related to an incomplete uninstall?  I followed the instructions in the FAQ
>for uninstalling all of Cygwin.  Any ideas?

How do you define "freeze"?  It's possible that you should just let it sit for
a while.  It may just be taking some time.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/