Subject: Re: Resolved Re: gcc-3.2-1/i686-pc-cygwin/gcc/genflags is segfaulting
From: James Michael DuPont <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 03:52:06 -0800 (PST)

> Chris Faylor, as a search of the announce lists would have told you.
> I think he builds his packages on linux with a cross-compiler, so
> wouldn't have any advice for your particular problem.

OK, that is what I was thinking. I will start looking for instructions
on doing this, I have the mingw32 cross compiler setup under debian at
home. 

In particular I would be interested in being able to convert a debian
package into a cygwin package for the installer....

you might be interested in this 
Here you can see our effort to cross compile using the debian system
for guiding the packaging and building
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dia_win32.htm

> 
> > In any case, the gcc-3.2-3 builds fine,
> > but the code for gcc-3.2-1 still segfaults.
> > 
> > I guess you guys really just dont care?
> 
> You got it. Thats why there are thousands of folk using what we've
> produced. We just don't care.

Well, I think you might care, but not if the compiler can bootstrap
under cygwin. 

Maybe this should be a release criterion?

Maybe you don't care if the gcc is fully usable before it is release?

I hereby offically volunteer to check any release of the compile if it
compiles before it is taken into the distribution. Some people (like
me) maintain thier own set of patches for the gcc, and need to be able
to compile it, not only use it.

> 
> Get a grip. This is a high noise news group, things get dropped.
> Deal.

Sure, I just figured after my third mail getting ignored that I can ask
least check if anyone is reading these mails.

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/