Subject: Re: max user processes
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Lee Tuck <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:02:03 +0300

Hi!

Monday, 02 December, 2002 Lee Tuck [email-masked] wrote:

LT> Can I recompile or rebuild the cygwin source so that I
LT> can set the maximum process per user id to 500? If
LT> yes, how? Which is the source that I should change?
LT> Hope that you can help out.

If you want it, you'll have to implement it yourself, i.e. you have to
modify cygwin sources to support such feature. I suppose it might be
tricky, so i suspect nobody can point you a file which can be easily
changed to add such functionality.

I should warn you, however, that if your goal is to prevent malicious
user from eating up system resources, then your restriction won't
help. User can always start more processes using native syscalls
(CreateProcess()), which cygwin cannot control.

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/