Subject: Re: How can I avoid using a DOS box??
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:34:07 -0800

Max Bowsher wrote:

> Sorry, no.
>
> An XP cmd box does everything I need. Rxvt doesn't seem to have any way to
> let me cut and paste with just the mouse (I only have 2 buttons+scroll 
> on my
> laptop).

On my non laptop 2 button mouse with a scroll, clicking the scroll 
button pastes. Also Shift-Button 1 pastes. And I've also added the 
following to ~/.inputrc:

# Insert
"\e[2~": paste-from-clipboard

With this Shift-Insert also pastes.

Sounds like you have options to consider.

> Plus, the cmd box has the neat feature of being able to pause output 
> whilst selecting.

Neat?!? You don't know how many times I had to go to a users desk 
because he said he was hung only to find out that when trying to bring a 
Cygwin DOS oriented window to the top he inadvertantly moved the mouse 
selecting a few characters and was waiting for additional output. 
Stopping the selection caused a flutter of output!

If you want output to pause so you can select text, typically you type 
Control-S. Then type Control-Q to continue.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/