Subject: Re: sshd installation on NT 5.0
From: Marc Girod <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Nov 2002 14:11:13 +0200

>>>>> "CV" == Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> writes:

CV> That's correct.

Right, thanks. Now, it worked from the command line, so that I could
connect from my other host.

I had a Success Audit event in the Security folder of the event
viewer. But then, I reprotected the empty directory, killed the sshd
process, and tried to start it from the Services pane.

It failed again with the same "Operation not permitted" error as
previously.

In the properties for the service, the path is:

D:\cygwin\bin\cygrunsrv.exe

and the "Log on as" account is "Local System account". I assume it is
sshd which is being started as user "sshd".

Also, there are no "Start parameters".

I try from the command line, first without arguments, then:

$ cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

-- 
Marc Girod        P.O. Box 323        Voice:  +358-71 80 25581
Nokia NBI         00045 NOKIA Group   Mobile: +358-50 38 78415
Takomo 1 / 4c27   Finland             Fax:    +358-71 80 61604

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/