Subject: Re: sshd installation on NT 5.0
From: Marc Girod <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Nov 2002 12:53:43 +0200

>>>>> "MG" == Marc Girod <[email-masked]> writes:

MG> Operation not permitted?

I tried from the command line and got:

$ ./sshd
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.
$ 

Indeed, there are no keys in /etc. Shouldn't ssh-host-config have
created them?

I run it again, and now it did:

$ ssh-host-config
Generating /etc/ssh_host_key
Generating /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
Generating /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
Overwrite existing /etc/ssh_config file? (yes/no) yes
Generating /etc/ssh_config file
Overwrite existing /etc/sshd_config file? (yes/no) yes
Privilege separation is set to yes by default since OpenSSH 3.3.
However, this requires a non-privileged account called 'sshd'.
For more info on privilege separation read /usr/doc/openssh/README.privsep.

Shall privilege separation be used? (yes/no) yes
Generating /etc/sshd_config file

Do you want to install sshd as service?
(Say "no" if it's already installed as service) (yes/no) yes

Which value should the environment variable CYGWIN have when
sshd starts? It's recommended to set at least "ntsec" to be
able to change user context without password.
Default is "binmode ntsec tty".  CYGWIN="binmode ntsec tty"
cygrunsrv: Error installing a service: OpenService:  Win32 error 1073:
The specified service already exists.

Host configuration finished. Have fun!ation finished. Have fun!

$ cd /usr/sbin
$ ./sshd
Bad owner or mode for /var/empty
$ ls -la /var/empty
total 0
drwxr-xr-x    2 SYSTEM   SYSTEM          0 Nov 26 17:19 .
drwxrwxrwx    6 Administ None            0 Nov 26 17:19 ..
$ 

-- 
Marc Girod        P.O. Box 323        Voice:  +358-71 80 25581
Nokia NBI         00045 NOKIA Group   Mobile: +358-50 38 78415
Takomo 1 / 4c27   Finland             Fax:    +358-71 80 61604

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/