Subject: Re: sshd installation on NT 5.0
From: Marc Girod <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Nov 2002 12:06:45 +0200

>>>>> "CV" == Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> writes:

CV> It's the OpenSSL package you're missing.

Thanks, now I got it, but it didn't help.

CV> There are no DLLs in /lib, except for applications which
CV> explicitely load them from there.

I see. I checked now that cygcrypto.dll is indeed in /usr/bin, i.e. in
/bin (is this a hard link? they have the same node id, as shown with
"ls -dli").

Now, I still get the same error in my System event viewer error
telling the dll is not found in the search path, yet it is accessible
from D:\cygwin\bin...

Application popup: sshd.exe - Unable To Locate DLL : The dynamic link library cygcrypto.dll could not be found in the specified path D:\cygwin\usr\sbin;.;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;c:\WINNT\system32;c:\WINNT;c:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;c:\Program Files\Support Tools\;c:\Program Files\Resource Kit\;c:\Program Files\nsr\bin;c:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\VirusScan Engine\4.0.xx\;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA\SubSystems;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA\Subsystems;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA;c:\WINNT\system32;c:\WINNT\SSLRelay;d:\Program Files\Rational\ClearCase\bin;D:\cygwin\bin.  

CV> The owner must be the same who starts the sshd parent process.
CV> That's SYSTEM on NT/2K/XP boxes (as it's "root" on Unices).

Thanks. So it is right.

-- 
Marc Girod        P.O. Box 323        Voice:  +358-71 80 25581
Nokia NBI         00045 NOKIA Group   Mobile: +358-50 38 78415
Takomo 1 / 4c27   Finland             Fax:    +358-71 80 61604

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/