Subject: Re: sshd installation on NT 5.0
From: Marc Girod <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Nov 2002 09:44:15 +0200

>>>>> "VH" == Vince Hoffman <[email-masked]> writes:

VH> have a look in /var/log/sshd.log any errors there ?

Empty.

VH> also in the event viewer and post any error messages back to the
VH> list.

There is some stuff in the Application folder (thanks, I didn't know
of the whole "Event Viewer")

First, there are lots of other errors, from sources: Perflib and
rasctrs (in pairs as it seems, 4 or 5 times a minute!??)

Then I find (need to key in, since I cannot copy-paste):

Type        Date       Time     Source Category Event User   Computer
Information 27.11.2002 08:41:14 sshd   None     0     SYSTEM HEITSB03LAB
Error       27.11.2002 08:41:14 sshd   None     0     SYSTEM HEITSB03LAB

And in the Event Properties description (copy-paste works), respectively:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( sshd ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: sshd : Win32 Process Id =
0xBF4 : Cygwin Process Id = 0xBF4 : `sshd' service stopped.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( sshd ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: sshd : Win32 Process Id =
0xBF4 : Cygwin Process Id = 0xBF4 : starting service `sshd' failed:
execv: 128, Transport endpoint is not connected.

These are for may attempts to start the service from the menu.
Attempts to connect from other hosts are not detected (Connection
refused).

Ah... found something else in the System folder:

Type        Date       Time     Source            Category Event User Computer
Information 27.11.2002 08:57:11 Application Popup None     26    N/A  HEITSB03LAB

Application popup: sshd.exe - Unable To Locate DLL : The dynamic link
library cygcrypto.dll could not be found in the specified path
D:\cygwin\usr\sbin;.;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;c:\WINNT\system32;c:\WINNT;c:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;c:\Program
Files\Support Tools\;c:\Program Files\Resource Kit\;c:\Program
Files\nsr\bin;c:\Program Files\Common Files\Network
Associates\VirusScan
Engine\4.0.xx\;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA\SubSystems;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA\Subsystems;c:\WINNT\System32\Citrix\IMA;c:\WINNT\system32;c:\WINNT\SSLRelay;d:\Program
Files\Rational\ClearCase\bin;D:\cygwin\bin.

What did I fail to install?

VH>  The only guide i know of is /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-3.5p1-2.README  :)

But this looks like a very good reading...

Thanks a lot!
I have already much to dig.

-- 
Marc Girod        P.O. Box 323        Voice:  +358-71 80 25581
Nokia NBI         00045 NOKIA Group   Mobile: +358-50 38 78415
Takomo 1 / 4c27   Finland             Fax:    +358-71 80 61604

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/