Subject: Re: New setup.exe beta
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:08:59 -0000

Tried it twice again: full install from scratch but this time from a Local
Directory. Now the MD5 check took place, as Igor said it would. Everything
passed.

Base install works fine.

But: clicking on the gizmo to change from "All Default" to "All Install"
caused such a long pause* that eventually I checked to see what was
happening. Answer: "Setup Options [not responding]". It happened identically
at a second attempt. Extended pause with nothing at the end of it.

System is W98/SE.

(* It must have been asked before, but I cannot remember any response. Even
when the change correctly occurs under the present setup.exe for example,
what is actually happening to take the clicker such a long time to change
from Default to Install? There doesn't seem to be any disk access during
this interval.)

Thanks.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/