Subject: sshd installation on NT 5.0
From: Marc Girod <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Nov 2002 18:07:22 +0200

Hi!

There has recently been a discussion on the installation of sshd on
NT4, but I feel my problems are more basic.

I installed cygwin on a Windows Terminal Server, for all users, as
local admin. I installed cygrunsrv, and openssh. I ran
ssh-host-config, and answered basically yes to everything (default).
I added a system environment variable: CYGWIN="binmode ntsec tty"

I got an entry in the services list, with automaitc startup, and "Log
on as" LocalSystem, but it doesn't start, neither automatically, nor
by hand from the start menu ("the service didn't return an error")...

Also, there is no /etc/services, should there be one?

In short, is there an installation guide, which I missed?

Best Regards!
Marc

-- 
Marc Girod        P.O. Box 323        Voice:  +358-71 80 25581
Nokia NBI         00045 NOKIA Group   Mobile: +358-50 38 78415
Takomo 1 / 4c27   Finland             Fax:    +358-71 80 61604

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/