Subject: Re: New setup.exe beta
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:31:54 -0000

I've tried it twice. Both brand new installations after removing all
previous traces of Cygwin including registry entries. First time: just
install base. Second time: just install base, then run setup again (i.e. as
"update" really) and install half a dozen additional extras. Faultless both
times.

BUT: no MD5 check takes place. Just 'download' followed by 'installation'.
Almost indistinguishable* from 2.249.2.5; but I did check, and I am
definitely using 2.303.

This is Windows 98/SE.

" Almost but not quite. there's a definite pause at the very start during
"Parsing setup.ini" which I don't remember happening with 2.249.2.5. The
pause does not seem anything like long enough for a battery of MD5 checks to
be taking place, however. (And if they are, which I am sure they are not,
then they are not being indicated.)

Otherwise very nice.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/