Subject: Re: Cygwin causes 0x00000024 Stop Error (BLUE SCREEN)
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Max Bowsher <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Nov 2002 11:13:48 +1100

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 12:05, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Works for me - quick coding!

Cool. It's just a quick hack. There are some things it highlit about the
property page system. Garrry! 

I recall being unhappy about having the list of pages in two places, and
it's obvious why now.

Heres the current situation: to skip a page, the page before and after
have to know about the one to skip. This is wrong. The one to skip
should know it's irrelevant and immediately bring up the next one.

Gary: whats the best way to do this in the framework you've written.

Specifically, the AntiVirus page (as a new, small, example) should be
queried by the framework before activation, to see if it is allowed to
be displayed, and if not skip it. 

My current thought is to add a 'virtual bool Show() const' to proppage,
and then call it when selecting the next page to show, after the
OnNext|OnPrev method of the current page returns. Then if Show is false,
we skip to the next|prev page automatically.

I may have misused framework terms above, so please, parse gently :}.
 
> Although, I've had McAfee on my machine for ~2 months now, and no problems
> with setup.
> But then I don't use download mode.

Heh. Sounds like a download+install trigger doesn't it?
Rob

-- 
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.
---