Subject: Re: Cygwin causes 0x00000024 Stop Error (BLUE SCREEN)
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Nov 2002 10:51:32 +1100

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 09:35, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Guys, I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned the obvious culprit (or 
> asked the obvious question):
> 
> Anti virus software?  Was McAfee or Norton (but esp. McAfee) running 
> while setup.exe was executed?

Doh. Ok, setup HEAD will now ask and then disable recent versions of
McAfee on NT.

A win9x user needs to check that it still runs ok. I think I added
everything to autoload, and only call the functions on NT. I Think.

Chuck, try the latest snapshot (2.295). Really. It's there now at
http://www.cygwin.com.setup-snapshots/

Enjoy :}

Rob
-- 
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.
---