Subject: impure_ptr/Mingw and Cygwin
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:08:33 -0800

I wish to use -mno-cygwin to produce an executable that can work without 
Cygwin installed. I have successfully done this before. Now I'm adding 
some functionality to my program and it is no longer working! I've 
worked it out such that it will compile and link but when my program 
runs it simply stops returning an exit code of 5. Running this under gdb 
produces a SIGSIGV Segmentation fault then you attempt to run it.

I've whittled it down to the bare minimum to reproduce the problem. 
Seems to me the problem is somewhere between newer versions of gcc 3.X 
and Mingw.

File: foo.c:

#include <stdio.h>
int main (void) {
  printf ("Hello World\n");
  fprintf (stderr, "%s\n", "Hello World 2");
}

$ gcc -g foo.c -mno-cygwin -I/usr/include -o foo -liberty -lcrtdll -lg
$ foo
$

Note that if I do not put -lg then I get:

/tmp/ccKAyr4S.o(.text+0x4b): In function `main':
/dview/defaria_2.0/salira/neopon/build/maketools/foo.c:4: undefined 
reference to `_impure_ptr'

Any ideas?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/