Subject: Re: emacs 100% cpu usage bug
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Zdzislaw Meglicki <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:06:38 -0500

Please check out the project web page for links to available information
and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 07:06:56PM -0500, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
>Dear Christopher,
>
>I have downloaded and installed the latest, I presume, version of Cygwin,
>with some additional updates downloaded only today from a NASA Cygwin
>mirror, and... I am still plagued by the "emacs 100% CPU usage bug", i.e.,
>when emacs is invoked in the X11 environment, it spins and doesn't come up.
>When it is invoked in a no-X11 environment, it works fine.
>
>I have perused the mailing lists, both cygwin-xfree and cygwin, and found
>that "the latest snapshot", I guess of cygwin1.dll, fixes the problem. So my
>question is how I can download this latest snapshot. I haven't seen it on
>Cygwin mirrors at the ANL and NASA. But they seem to have various other
>fixes, e.g., for gcc.
>
>Best regards,

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/