Subject: Re: bash builtin pwd returns Windows style names
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:26:19 +0100

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:42:53AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Try doing a "cd c:/tmp" or something similar.  Bash will dutifully report
> that you are in the c:/tmp directory at that point.

Ok. That's a bash problem.  It doesn't recognize c: as a drive but as
the beginning of a relative path.

This is weird since bash has special handling for drive letters under
Cygwin in lib/sh/pathcanon.c, function sh_canonpath().  For some reason
it just doesn't work...

Chet?  Do you have an idea how to solve that?

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/