Subject: Re: SSHD: error initializing windows sockets if I use ".ssh/authorized_keys"
From: Tino Lange <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:12:51 +0100

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Hi Corinna!

> No.  Btw., did you read http://cygwin.com/bugs.html?

You think my mail didn't contain enough information or wasn't formed well?

a) The subject line describes the problem very good
b) In the body there's a huge shell section captured, exactly showing 
the problem
c) I told you the relevant packages (latest version from the cygwin 
release)
d) the only multiple exclamation marks were from the sshd login itself 
in the quoted section...
e) I didn't assume that the bug is trivial
f) I didnt tell you personal stories - the mail was focused on the 
problem itself

The only point that is left is the cygcheck.out - did you mean that?

OK - why didn't I include a "cygcheck.out"?

a) maybe the information was already enough for you to locate the problem
b) "[email-masked]" is a huge list - I don't want to spam lots of 
people with this information - if someone needs it I can send it to him 
personally I don't like to recieve lot's of cygcheck.out a day as a 
public reader of this list myself.
c) cygcheck.out can contain *lots* of personal information. I don't want 
Microsoft to spy on my computer why should I broadcast such information 
by myself actively on a mailinglist that's very huge, get's archived and 
so on?????

I have no Problem sending this file to you, Corinna, or some of your 
collegues - if you need such detailed information because all the other 
information was not enough. Just ask for it if you feel that you can 
maybe help and that you are the appropiate maintainer for my problem.

You just got it with separate mail.

> And *additionally* what is the output of 
> 
>   getfacl $WINDIR/system32/wsock32.dll
> 
> and
> 
>   getfacl $WINDIR/system32/winsock.dll

Of course - it's on its way.

Thanks and best regards

Tino

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/