Subject: Conflict between libcygwin.a and GCC core libraries
From: Markus Gerwinski <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:08:45 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to compile GPA (s. http://www.gnupg.org/gpa.html) on
Cygwin. To get it up and running, first of all I had to insert "-mno-cygwin
-mms-bitfields" into the compiler options. After changing some more stuff in
the makefiles, compiling runs fine now, but linking still causes trouble.
First, I got a lot of `undefined references' to functions as basic as
`__assert'. To get rid of them, I included "-lcygwin" by hand into the linker
options. Now, the undefined references have disappeared, but instead I get
the following error message:

  libcygwin.a: multiple definition of `atexit'
  crt2.o:crt1.c: first defined here

Since libcygwin and crt2 are both essential parts of the development
environment itself, I don't see a possibility how to solve this conflict.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks alot in advance

  Markus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/