Subject: Re: libxml2/libxslt binaries: libxml2 version mismatch in xsltproc
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Yves Forkl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Nov 2002 07:46:23 +1100

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 08:17, Yves Forkl wrote:
> In various versions of the libxml2/libxslt binaries, the executable
> "xsltproc" distributed with the latest libxslt package was compiled
> against an older version of libxml2 than the latest release currently
> distributed.
...
> To get xsltproc working properly, it may be necessary either to
> rebuild it (which I didn't manage to) or to downgrade to the older
> libxml2 binary.
> 
> So it would perhaps be better if that correspondence of the libxml2
> version could be ensured before the libxml2 and libxslt binaries are
> distributed together in their latest releases.

Do you have an actual bug report, or are you assuming that this is
casuing whatever unspecified problems you are having?

I don't recall any discussion on this on the libx*l lists, which I am
also on.

Rob
-- 
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.
---