Subject: RE: pico and nano: number of lines displayed
From: "Sergei Okhapkin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:08:40 -0500

Here is a piece of login source code:
        if (!hflag) {                                   /* XXX */
                static struct winsize win = { 0, 0/*, 0, 0*/ };

                (void)ioctl(0, TIOCSWINSZ, &win);
        }

Login resets the tty window size to 0 if -h option missed (don't ask me
why:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 7:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: pico and nano: number of lines displayed

> Sorry, but it works fine for me with pico/nano in an rxvt (2.7.2.14)
window,
> with cygwin 1.3.15.2.
>
> Can you describe your problem in any more detail?

Thank you, Robert.

I've done some more fiddling about. Please could you try starting up
using

C:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -geometry 80x58+0+0 -tn cygwin

Do you get a $ prompt and find you are in /usr/bin? Now type man
<something>. Works fine. Response fills page. Navigates fine using arrow
keys.

Then type login <yourusername> at the $ prompt

followed again by man <something>. Now the response starts halfway down
the page and navigation keys throw the user all over the place, with
visible ESC sequences, etc. Either there's something "wrong" with login?
or I need to re-construct my .bash_profile, .bashrc and .inputrc files?
(But why?)

Thank you too to other readers. I am very sorry if it turns out I am
filling the list with what turns out to be a piece of daft local
mismanagement.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/