Subject: Re: pico and nano: number of lines displayed
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:07:38 -0000

Actually there is something going on here. I reverted to an earlier version
of Cygwin and even in a non-fullscreen rxvt environment, any of nano, pico
and vim use the entire available depth of the window to display the text
file being edited (so that for instance in pico and nano the Help menu
appears at the bottom of the page and 50+ lines of the file are visible).

The latest current version of Cygwin now displays only 20 lines of the file
being edited to screen, exactly as in a basic bash window.

Sorry not to be more specific about when the change occurred, but I think it
is absolutely recent. I use this size of window for these editors the whole
time, and the altered presentation caught my eye immediately. Unfortunately
all of cygwin, login and Goodness knows what have been updated recently and
I am not competent to isolate cause, only consequence!

(Surely somebody out there uses viim in a rxvt windows and has also noticed
this difference, yesterday or the day before??)

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/