Subject: re: insure++
From: Matt <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:50:45 -0800 (PST)

Matt wrote:

>> insure++ only supports VC++ 5.x and 6.x on win32. While you an manually
>> edit the compiler configurations, I was never able to get it to work.
>> I've let parasoft know I would like that functionality built in, but I
>> don't think they're moving forward on that. Howver, their C++ Test
>> product does support gcc on win32 now I think.

>It looks like the latest version has a mode that works on uninstrumented
>binaries.  So I have downloaded the latest eval version for Windows and
>am waiting for a password.

Interesting -- I'll have to give that a try; I think that binary-only mode
is called "Chaperone".

I just got C++ Test v2.1 and it has explicit support for Cygwin and
mingw! Can't wait to give it a spin, I'll email the list once I get some
results.

Did you ever get any interesting results from your Insure++ experiments?

--
http://www.clock.org/~matt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/