Subject: how-to use _WIN32 preprocessor with cygwin ?
From: Eric Belhomme <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 18:24:44 +0000 (UTC)

hi,

First, I'm not familliar with cygwin nand gcc, so i'm sure my question is 
trivial, but i didn't found how to resolve it. (sorry for the noise)

I just installed cygwin on my win2k computer to try to compile a linux based  
lib (the libprelude)

The problem is libprelude uses some glibc6 APIs included on <inttypes.h>. I 
tried to resolve the problem on doing my own include file and replace all 
<inttypes.h> includes by this code :

#ifndef _WIN32
# include <inttypes.h>
#else
# include "myheader.h"
#endif

So as I readen on the cygwin FAQ, _WIN32 sould be declared ans "myheader.h" 
sould be used instead of <inttypes.h> but that' not the case :-(

So i deduce the _WIN32 preprocessor is not known under cygwin environment. I 
wonder I have to declare something, somewhere, but as I said in intro, I'm 
not familliar with the gnu C compiller...

Thanks for your attention ;)

-- 
Rico (RicoSpirit) - http://www.ricospirit.net

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/