Subject: trouble with -mno-cygwin
From: Daniel Jeffery <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 20:38:46 -0700

So I do `gcc -o hello.exe hello.c' and it works, but if I try `gcc -o 
hello.exe -mno-cygwin hello.c' it comes back with the error:

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory

after `PATH=${PATH}:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2' I get:

ld: cannot open crt2.o: No such file or directory

A quick perusal of July 2002 on this mailing list reveals someone had 
the exact same problem. (thread: Re: Available for test: gcc-3.1.1-1, 
gcc2-2.95.3-6, and gcc-mingw-3_1-20020516-1)  The answer?

 >> Did you install the cygwin-mingw package?  It doesn't sound like you 
 >> did.
 > Umm ... duh. Thank-you.

The package `mingw-runtime' has been unpacked, but I know of no package 
named `cygwin-mingw'.  For now I am left with the same errors.  Even if 
`-mno-cygwin' has been deprecated, I would still like to compile SDL.

ciao all,
		- Daniel J.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/